We are currently recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Coordinator, the role will provide an exciting and varied opportunity where you will ensure compliance with policies and procedures throughout our organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career in Health and Safety management.
The role would suit a Health and Safety coordinator from a construction or property background.
- Responsible for maintaining the company ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems, and ensuring all health and safety documents within the organisation are correctly controlled in line with the company document control system.
- In conjunction with the Operations Director, ensuring procedures are in place and maintained for inspection of access equipment, tools, general equipment and the compliance and enforcement of all company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for carrying out site health and safety audits and accident investigations throughout the company with the assistance of the Contracts Management team.
- To actively promote continuous safety improvements and a positive sustainable safety culture across the organisation.
- To liaise with external H&S consultants to keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all HSE legislation and developments that affect the industry.
- To manage internal health and safety meetings and provide regular reports to the senior management team on health and safety activities.
- Responsible for the preparation of external audits and monitoring and implementing changes to the fire risk management plans for High Access.
- The Health and Safety Coordinator will report directly to the Operations Director and will adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics to ensure a professional and consistent company image is upheld at all times.
Essential Experience Required:
- A proven track record in a similar role.
- Full UK driving licence.
- COSHH trained
- NEBOSH trained
What we are looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving, planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to contribute to our positive team environment.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and use patience and diplomacy to form a collaborative approach.
- An investigative mind with high attention to detail.
- £25,000 per annum subject to experience.